UK Gambling Commission, an autonomous body in the United Kingdom, which deals in every kind of gambling in United Kingdom, is out with their facts and figures for the year 2014 to march 2015. The report has almost all the details regarding the commission. The report says that the commission has a head office in Birmingham and had appointed 270 employees in the year.
More than 1,300 complaints were sorted by the UK Gambling commission in that particular tenure. According to the report the commission has revoked 12 gambling licenses, took action against 6 gambling companies and had formal engagement to other 53 gambling companies of the country.
The time between Septembers to December 2015 was the crucial one, because the commission led action to those companies, which were not doing good against money laundering. The gambling spending was 1.8million on socially responsible purposes.The commission handed over 67,400 inquiries as well.
Some other Notable facts are:–
- Almost 44% Adults of the country participated to either online gambling or offline and it was 55% in the year 2013.
- 14% of the adult population participated to online gambling, which was 15% in the year 2013.
- 33% of total population bought national lottery tickets in last 4 weeks. It was 39% in the year 2014. Other lotteries did well and they were at 11%, whereas the percentage of scratch card selling was almost 10%.
- A total 719 online gambling licenses were held by 427 operators till the end of the September 2015.
- Gambling is one of the most lucrative sectors/industry of the country, which employs almost 104,000 people in the Great Britain.
- There are 8,819 betting shops and the GGY was £3,249m, out of this £1,665 Million was generated by 34,685 gaming machines in betting shops.
- There are 615 bingo venues in the country and that generated a whooping revenue of amount £662m.
- 148 casinos generated a total revenue of £1,161 Million.